Unwanted House Guests in Your Attic This Winter?
They may look cute and furry but squirrels can cause major damage if they take up residency in your home. One of the first clues that people experience is the sound of scratching, clawing, gnawing, or scurrying in their attic or walls. If you think you may have unwanted visitors in your home, call Northwest Exterminating.
- Natural habitat is wooded areas
- Often make home in attics or garages for warmth, shelter, food, and a place to build their nests
- Flying Squirrel
- Tree Squirrel
- Urine and droppings can contaminate insulation and other areas of the attic
- Can damage contents of attic including wood, insulation, wires, and storage boxes
- Can cause damage to power lines outside of the home
- Invade bird feeder
- Locate and seal off any entry points 1/4″ or larger to prevent squirrels and other rodents from entering your home.
- Caulk any openings or crevices.
- To keep squirrels from using utility wires as a way to your attic, slit a 2-foot section of 2-inch PVC pipe lengthwise and slip it over the wire.This makes squirrels unable to maintain their footing when the pipe rotates.
- Cut back tree limbs that are close to your structure.
- Squirrel removal is not recommended for amateurs. Call the professionals at Northwest Exterminating.